I prefer this recipe to any Panacotta as it is lighter and the Yoghurt makes it just slightly healthier!
It is so healthy, you can serve it for breakfast!
You can serve it simply with a drizzle of honey and nuts or with any fruit.
125ml warm water
10 ml Golden Life Turmeric (0r 5ml turmeric, 2ml ground ginger, 2ml ground cinnamon, 1ml finely ground black pepper)
20ml finely grated fresh ginger
40 ml gelatine
125ml honey or 100ml castor sugar
5ml vanilla extract
300ml full cream yoghurt (cold)
250ml whipping cream (cold)
Optional: fresh fruit topping
- Pour the warm water into a heat resistant bowl, add the ginger and spices, honey and stir.
- Then sprinkle over the gelatin & allow it to stand for about 5 minutes, stir gently & microwave for about 20 second intervals until the gelatin has melted.
- Allow the mixture to reach room temperature then stir in the yoghurt and vanilla.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the fridge until it resembles raw egg white.
- Either whisk the mixture until it is foamy or place it in a powerful blender to form a foam.
- Whisk the cold cream until it form soft peaks as you lift the whisk.
- Fold the cream and the blended foam together.
- Spoon mixture into serving dish or individual (preferably glass) dishes and place in fridge to set.
- Once set, top with fruit, nuts or honey.